Make your marinade the day before and marinate your lamb leg in the marinade overnight.
To make the marinade:
- Remove the leaves from your mint and rosemary and finely chop.
- Grate your lemon zest and crush your garlic.
- Mix all the ingredients together and season.
- Make small shallow scores into the meat all over the lamb leg and rub your marinade all over.
- Place in a roasting dish, cover, put in the fridge and leave to marinade for 12- 24 hours.
The Next Day:
- Remove you Lamb leg from the fridge and leave at room temp for 1hr before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 220’C.
- Put your lamb Leg uncovered into the preheated oven and cook uncovered on the high heat for 15minutes.
- Turn your heat down to 180’C
- Remove the lamb form the oven and cover with tinfoil, place back in the oven and cook for 1.30-2hrs for medium to well.
- Remove your lamb from the oven and place on a chopping board to rest for 20 minutes covered in tin foil.
- While lamb is resting turn your oven up to 200’C and cook your dauphinoise as per pack in instructions. If desired decant you can decant the dauphinoise into roasting dish to bake and be served in.
- Place your asparagus in a roasting dish and toss in the olive oil, parmesan, pine nuts and seasoning. Put your asparagus in the oven when there is 10 minutes cook time left on your dauphinoise and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cook your red cabbage in the microwave as per package instruction and heat up your gravy on the stove.
- Arrange all your food on sharing dishes and serve family style.