2 red chillies, thinly sliced, or 3–4 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
good shake of Worcestershire sauce
1 beef stock cube
2 x 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 large bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan with a lid and fry the onion and garlic until softened. Increase the heat and add the mince, cooking quickly until browned and breaking down any chunks of meat with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, fresh chilli or chilli flakes, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and Worcestershire sauce and crumble in the stock cube. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally until the mixture is rich and thickened.
- Whilst the chilli is simmering, cook the Mash Direct Carrot & Parsnip Fries using the instructions on pack.
- Add the kidney beans and fresh coriander to the pan. Cook for a further 10 minutes, uncovered, before removing from the heat, adding any extra seasoning if necessary.
- Serve over Mash Direct Carrot & Parsnip Fries, with guacamole on the side. Crumble the feta cheese over the chilli before serving.