19 May 2017
Prep & Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes (370g)
- 8 x Large Free Range Eggs
- 1 x Large Red Pepper
- 1 x Large Onion
- 3 x Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
- Basil Leaves to garnish
- Finely slice the onion and chop the red pepper, removing the seeds. Open Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes and slice the potatoes into halves.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over a low heat and cook the onion, red pepper and chilli baby bakes for around 10 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and beat with a fork, season with a generous grind of pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the onion, red pepper and chilli baby bakes to the bowl, ensuring oil remains in frying pan.
- Heat the frying pan again on a low heat. Pour in the complete contents of the bowl. Place a lid on top and allow to cook for 15 mins, until the bottom of the omelette goes golden brown.
- To finish put the frying pan under the grill. Make sure the handle is outside the oven as it will become very hot and can burn. Cook until golden brown on top.
- Top with basil leaves.
- We prepared a quick side salad with rocket and cherry tomatoes.