2 x 375g packet puff pastry (2 sheets, ready rolled)
A little flour, for dusting
1 egg, whisked
For the topping
50g pomegranate seeds
50g Feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
1 tub of Moroccan style houmous
• Preheat oven to 200oC (Fan 180oC) Gas mark 6.
• Lay one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured baking tray.
• Arrange the Mash Direct Red Cabbage & Beetroot and grated apple onto the pastry (in a large triangular shape). Sprinkle with Moroccan seasoning. Egg wash the edges.
• Place the second pastry sheet on top and press to seal.
• Cut into a large triangular shape to create a Christmas tree shape. Now, starting at the top, cut into the triangle at 2-inch intervals on both sides.
• Cut further into the tree as you work your way down to the bottom. Remove 2 strips of pastry at the bottom of the tree, creating a trunk in the centre.
• Twist each piece of pastry and brush with egg wash.
• Place the baking tray into a hot oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until crisp and golden.
• Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, feta cheese, coriander and drizzle with honey. Serve with houmous.