2 x 375g packet puff pastry (2 sheets, ready rolled)
A little flour, for dusting
1 egg, whisked
For the topping
150g cheddar cheese, grated
4 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons chilli flakes
• Preheat oven 200oC (Fan 180oC) Gas mark 6.
• Place the Mash Direct Cauliflower Cheese Gratin into a large bowl, smash with a fork and mix to form a paste.
• Lay the 2 sheets of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and cut in half horizontally.
• Divide the cauliflower cheese mixture into 4 and spread along the middle of each pastry piece. Egg wash along the top of the pastry. Roll up like a sausage roll and seal.
• Egg wash the rolls and cut each into 4.
• Place onto a non-stick baking sheet and set into a hot oven.
• Bake for 10 minutes until golden, remove from the oven, sprinkle with grated cheddar and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
• Remove the cauliflower puffs to a cooling rack, drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with a little chill before serving, if you wish.