2 packs of Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes (or leftover potatoes)
1 pack of Mash Direct Red Cabbage & Beetroot
400g leftover Christmas glazed ham, fat removed and cut into bite sized pieces
100g frozen peas, defrosted
100g scallions, washed, trimmed and finally chopped
For The Cheese Sauce
25g plain flour
50g butter, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
75g grated cheddar
40g grated parmesan
• Preheat oven and cook the Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes as per packet instructions. For the cheese sauce
• Heat the milk in a saucepan over a moderate heat. Add the flour, butter, Dijon mustard and bring to a simmer. Whisk continuously until the sauce is thick, smooth and glossy. Season with salt and pepper.
• Turn the heat down to its lowest setting and cook very gently for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Stir in the grated cheddar and parmesan. For the poached eggs
• Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Break in the eggs, one at a time and set the timer for 2 minutes, let the water barely simmer.
• Remove the pan from the heat and set a timer for 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. To serve
• Tip the Chilli Baby Bakes into a large bowl with cheese sauce, ham, peas, scallions and mix well.
• Arrange onto warm serving plates, top with poached eggs and serve.
• Cook Mash Direct Red Cabbage & Beetroot as per packet instructions and serve.