Turnip is October’s veg of the month!
You can read more about our farm fresh Turnip Products – Roasted Root Vegetables, Mashed Turnip & Carrot, Parsnip & Turnip on our Range Page!
Have a go at some of our great Turnip Recipes!
- Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
- Vegan Carrot & Swede Soup with Sweet Potato
- Jenny Bristow’s Perfect Sunday Lunch
Facts you didn’t know about Turnip:
- Turnips aren’t actually related to potatoes, they are related to radishes, mustard and collard greens.
- It is a rather versatile plant.
- Most turnip varieties have a slightly spicy taste if eaten raw!
- Turnips are also sometimes grown to feed livestock.