SPONSORSHIP PACKAGE FOR YOUR TEAM
UK, ROI, 18+, mashdirect.com/sports to apply and for T&Cs
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Promoter: Mash Direct Ltd., 81 Ballyrainey Road, Comber, Down, BT23 5JU
2. Eligibility: Open to ROI and UK residents aged 18 or over excluding employees and their immediate families of Mash Direct, their agencies or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
3. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter.
4. Application Instructions:
To apply, go to www.mashdirect.com/sports and enter your details and the details of the sports team, club or group on whose behalf you are submitting an application,
5. To be considered for sponsorship, the nominated sports team/club or group must meet the following eligibility criteria:
– based in United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland
– member of an amateur league or sports association
– run on a not-for-profit basis.
6. Applications are welcome on behalf of all sections of the community and all age groups.
7. To submit an application, you must be a member of the club or group being nominated.
8. Please ensure that you have the authority or permission to submit an application on behalf of the sports team, club or group and that, as far as you are aware, yours is the only application to Mash Direct for a sponsorship package for this club or team or group. Multiple applications on behalf of the same club or team or group may impede the judging process and invalidate the application.
You will need to include the following information as part of your application
– Your name and contact details
– Confirmation you are aged 18 or over
– Your role within the Nominated club/group and confirmation that you have the authority or permission to submit an application
– Name and contact details of an official/chairperson/secretary of the Nominated Club/Team (telephone, email, website/social media)
– Approximate number of group/club members
– Approximate age range of group/club members
– Any other existing sponsorships or commercial associations
Contact details provided and/or available on the nominated sports team, club or group’s public website or social media page(s) and other information you submit or we review in connection with your application will be used in accordance with our Privacy Notice (see clause 32).
9. As part of your application, please tell us in no more than 500 words, how the Mash Direct sponsorship package could help the sports team, club or group (for example to provide equipment, kit or awards, to improve training facilities or provide coaching sessions, to help subsidise members costs such as travel, pitch fees etc ) – see Clause 20 below on Winner Selection.
10. All applicants must also submit a video for Mash Direct to share on their social media channels, illustrating how the nominated sports team, club or group might incorporate Mash Direct, or any Mash Direct product, into their training. The judges will be looking for creativity and imagination here. The training method demonstrated can be humorous and does not have to be realistic or showcase any approved sports training methods or techniques!
The video must be no more than 45 seconds long and should be emailed as a downloadable link to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the sports team, club or group it relates to by 30/08/2020.
Only one video can be accepted for each application. If more than one video is submitted, the first one received according to the promoter’s email records will be used for judging purposes.
11. You must obtain a written consent from any individual if your application includes any information about an individual.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applications if they are:
– applications made in breach of these terms & conditions (of which instructions form part);
– applications nominating clubs, groups or other entities which are ineligible under these terms & conditions;
– applications where you have not obtained the consent of any individual where the application includes Special Categories of Data;
– applications where the nominated sports team, club or group does not, if and when contacted by the Promoter, agree to participate in the process on the basis of these terms & conditions, and any applicable requirements of the Promoter;
– applications which include inappropriate, discriminatory, illegal or offensive content;
– applications that seem to be duplicates or not legitimate;
– dishonest applications; and
– which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter and the judges do not constitute a positive endorsement of a nominated sports team, club or group
Applicants must ensure that their Video Entry:
– is an original work created solely by the nominated sports team, club or group or its members and does not include any content, material or rights owned by any third party;
– does not include or reference any person other than members of the nominated sports team, club or group who have given their consent to featuring in the Video Entry (and, if requested by the Promoter, have signed the form of release provided by the Promoter);
– does not include any brands or trademarks owned by any person (other than a reference to the Promoter)
– does not contain discriminatory, obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content;
– does not include content which would be contrary to the values included in the Judging Criteria;
– does not include any content which is or may be in breach of any applicable law regulation or code requirement or which may cause the Promoter to breach any applicable law regulation or code requirement;
– does not include any content which may serve to adversely impact the reputation of the Promoter, the Mash Direct brand or trademark or any Mash Direct product;
– does not (and is not likely to) infringe the copyright, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and
– does not breach any agreement with any third party.
– Applicants must ensure that everyone involved in the creation of the Video Entry consents to the Promoter’s use of the Video Entry for the purposes of the Promotion.
– The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any Video Entry which it deems is inappropriate or in breach of these terms & conditions and to not post or remove any such Video Entry from any media controlled by the Promoter and to exclude it from the judging process. Alternatively, the Promoter may require an Applicant to provide an alternative Video Entry which complies with these terms & conditions.
13. Bulk applications made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that team or group’s applications in a way that is not consistent with the terms of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
14. The promoters will verify all applications prior to making any award, including (but not limited to) establishing the eligibility and authority of the person submitting the application and the eligibility of the nominated sports team, club or group included in applications. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold any award, or the opportunity to be considered for an award, until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
15. No Purchase Necessary
16. Promotional Period: Opens for applications 27/07/2020 and closes for applications 23:59 30/8/20 (the Application Period).
17. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
18. The Prize Fund: There is one first prize of a sponsorship package worth stg£5000/Euro Equivalent €5400, consisting of Mash Direct branded team kit to the value of £1000/€1080 and a sponsorship payment of £4000/€4320 based on the parties entering into a 12 month sponsorship agreement. Mash Direct will work with the winning team to create and approve the team kit design, and reserves the right to specify the size, position and reproduction of their logo and other brand assets.
The 1st runner-up will win Mash Direct branded team kit to the value of £1000/€1080. Mash Direct will work with the first runner up to create and approve the team kit design, and reserves the right to specify the size, position and reproduction of their logo and other brand assets.
Four further runners-up will each win a training session created and led by a coach/trainer supplied by Mash Direct, subject to availability.
The promoter reserves the right to award additional prizes on an ad hoc basis during the promotional period, unrelated to the main competition prizes and judging process. Awarding of such an ad hoc prize is neither an indication of a team or club being shortlisted for a main prize, nor does it preclude them from winning a main prize.
19. The overall Winner and first runner up are required by the Promoter to enter into a further sponsorship agreement in the form provided by the Promoter to confirm that they accept Mash Direct as an official sponsor and that their Sponsorship award will be used for the purpose described in their application (or for such other as the Promoter may agree).
20. Winner Selection: All valid applications will be reviewed by a judging panel – at least one of whom will be an independent judge. The judging will take place by 11/09/20 and winners will be notified within 4 calendar days.
The Winner will be the sports team, club or group which, in the opinion of the judges, best reflect and encourage the following values (Judging Criteria):
– Community and Inclusivity – How much the nominated sports team, club or group engages with, and actively participates in, their local community. How much the nominated sports team, club or group is considered to be a positive influence on their members.
– Creativity – How creative the application including video entry of the nominated sports team, club or group
– Sponsorship – how the nominated sports team, club or group will make use of and benefit from the sponsorship package provided by Mash Direct.
The weightings applied to the Judging Criteria will be as follows: (a) Community and Inclusivity: 20% (b) Creativity: 50% and (c) Sponsorship: 30%. The Promoter reserves the right to consider information about the nominated sports team, club or group gathered from other publicly available sources in assessing the eligibility of any application and in the judging process.
21. The winner and runners up will be notified by phone/email by 15/09/20, and the team names published on Mash Direct’s social media platforms. All prize winners must acknowledge this Notification within seven (7) days and must also provide such other documentation as the Promoter may reasonably request to confirm their award.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit any prize if it reasonably suspects that the relevant winner is not eligible under or has not complied with these Official Rules.
23. All winners are required to take part in reasonable photographic and other publicity in connection with this promotion with no further recompense. The main winner will be required to take part in other publicity as part of their sponsorship agreement.
24. The names of the winning teams will be published on Mash Direct’s social media platforms and will be available for 3 months after announcement date by emailing email@example.com.
25. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available, in whole or in part, except owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
26. General: The Promoter reserves the right to vary, alter or terminate this promotion due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control and where circumstances make this unavoidable. Neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for any incorrect or inaccurate entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof; regretfully, we cannot be held liable for system failures on the website. Neither can we be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any third parties involved in this promotion, although we will always endeavor to minimise the effect to the participant of any such failure.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 4 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
28. By submitting their application for the Promotion, all applicants agree to grant the Promoter permission to use the contents of their application for promotional purposes in any of its social media pages (including without limitation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), in digital publications and on its website and across any other media (including media owned or controlled by third parties) without further permission or remuneration.
29. By submitting a Video Entry as part of the application,all nominated sports teams, clubs or group and their members featured in or involved in the submission of the Video Entry agree to grant the Promoter permission to use their Video, together, at the discretion of the Promoter, with any accompanying copy or content and the name of the nominated sports team, club or group (and/or its username on relevant social media platforms), for promotional purposes in any of its social media pages (including without limitation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), in digital publications and on its website and across any other media (including media owned or controlled by third parties), without further permission or remuneration.
30. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the Promotion or receipt or misuse of any prize.
31. Valid wherever legal only, the rules of this promotion are subject to the legal and regulatory restrictions imposed under Northern Ireland law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts.