13 Apr 2017
Prep & Cooking Time: 30 - 45 minutes
- Mash Direct Mashed Potato 400g
- 4 Bacon Rashers
- 4 Large Free Range Eggs (The fresher the better!)
- Handful of Parsley Leaves
- Plain Flour, for dusting
- Breadcrumbs, for coving Irish Egg
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by cutting the bacon rashers into small pieces, removing any fat. Fry until it starts to crisp up nicely!
- Chop Parsley leaves.
- Follow cooking instructions on the side of our Mash Direct Mashed Potato.
- Allow the Mashed Potato to cool until you can comfortably handle. Than add Mashed Potato, Parsley and Bacon to a bowl and mix together.
- Bring a pan of salted water to a rapid boil, then lower 2 of the eggs into the pan and simmer for 7 mins 30 secs exactly. Scoop out and place in a bowl of iced water, cracking the shells a little (this makes them easier to peel later). Leave them to cool completely, then peel.
- Position a piece of cling film over your chopping board and place around half of the Mashed Potato mixture in the middle. Using your hands, flatten it out to a long oval shape large enough to wrap around your egg (around half an inch thick).
- Place the egg in the middle and gather the ends of the cling film so that the egg is enclosed in the filling. Make sure the egg is covered evenly and smoothly with the filling. Repeat this process with the other egg.
- Once complete coat the eggs with plain flour, 2 lightly whisked eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep pan, using enough oil to cover the eggs. Heat the oil until it reaches 170 - 180°C on a cooking thermometer or until a few breadcrumbs turn golden after 10 secs in the oil.
- Using a slotted spoon place both eggs in the oil for around 3 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn golden brown. Leave to rest on a paper towel.
- Serve warm with a side salad and sweet chilli sauce.
- We prepared a quick side salad using grated Red Cabbage, Carrot and Parsley along with a Sweet Chilli sauce.