What your job is all about:
As a Technical Assistant, you will play a key role as a tester and gate keeper on the safety and quality of food as it moves through the production process.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking a role within the Food sector, to join a dedicated team that will provide guidance and training, building a sound knowledge and career within the industry.
Who you are:
You will be self-motivated, hardworking, pay attention to detail and have good communication skills with previous food handling and or quality checking experience.
Degree level qualification desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
A background in the food, drink or agricultural industry would also be useful along with the ability to work in a safe manner under pressure and you will be keen to learn.
What you will be doing:
Your job will be varied and typically based on the production floor and include the following:
– Carrying out a regular programme of audits (e.g. on a daily, weekly, monthly schedule)
– Raising any non-conformances in the quality process from intake to despatch – ensuring that all reasonable precautions are taken to avoid contamination of product or creating non-conformance
– Overseeing the label printing process elements for accuracy of shelf life and traceability
– Carrying out food safety and QC inspections on raw materials at intake & at key product process points
– Carrying out spot checks on weight control to ensure levels are kept within tolerance levels
– Supporting the production team to get things done and recorded correctly and making sure that everyone complies with food safety and quality procedures
– Supporting the New Product Development team in the creation of new products
– Facilitating regulatory (BRC, EHO) & customer visits to the factory
– Complying and adhering with health and safety requirements within the company (PPE)
– Conducting organoleptic testing on the factory floor
– Ensuring food safety and quality records are completed on time and in full
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday – 6.00am to 1.00pm, Saturday 6.00am to 11.00am; flexibility is required due to the nature of the business
Rate of Pay:
Competitive Salary on Offer – £20,000 per annum
– Culturally diverse workforce
– Innovation & Problem-Solving Prizes
– Staff activities, groups and events
– Parking available on site
– Under 24s earn the same as over 24s
– Staff Shop
Send us your CV by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link below OR If you don’t have a CV, let us know why you are suitable for this job with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mash Direct is an Equal Opportunities Employer