At Mash Direct we are on a mission to make vegetables more convenient and bring them from our fields to the consumers table without compromising on flavour or nutrition.
Our vision is to make Mash Direct a national household brand in the vegetable accompaniments and side dishes category throughout the UK and Ireland.
What your job is all about:
Your role is to support the Technical Manager in the daily running of the technical department. You will monitor safety, legality and quality issues, perform internal audits and non-conformances plus the management and monitoring of complaints. You will also assist in the control of suppliers, preparing for site audits including BRC plus participate in internal meetings, training and staff development when required.
What you will be doing:
Your job will be varied and typical activities will include:
– Management of suppliers (ingredient, packaging and service providers) including the renewal of critical documentation for supplier approval, ingredient specifications, and supplier certification.
– Lead complaint and internal manufacturing event investigations: Investigate, determine root cause, consult and provide corrective actions to customers or external agencies
– Gatekeeper of the complaint database ensuring all information is captured in full,kept up-to-date and responded to promptly
– Liaising with suppliers, customers and internally on any technical food safety matters
– Reviewing all quality systems and policies by conducting internal audits according to the predetermined schedule
– Assisting in product development by cross checking all details on specifications and recipes to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date to aid in the sign off of sleeves and product labels
– Delivering continuous improvement projects to achieve improvement on technical objectives
– Performing traceability exercises and annual mock product recalls
– Facilitating regulatory (BRC, EHO) & customer visits to the factory
– Be proactive ensuring the business is ‘audit ready’ at all times.
Who You Are:
You will have:
– A relevant Food Technology, Food Science or equivalent degree level qualification
– Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role (Technical Assistant, Technical Coordinator etc) in a FMCG environment, with working knowledge of the food industry
– Level 3 or above in Food Safety and in HACCP
– Internal auditing qualification
– Knowledge of BRC V8 and QMS / HACCP systems
– Sound understanding of food safety legislation, and food microbiology
– A ‘can do’ attitude
– Outstanding organizational, people and time management skills
– Strong admin and IT skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Confident and resilient with strong attention to detail
– An interest in a Farm to Fork business
Hours of Work:
Rotational shift Monday to Saturday, 40 hours per wk
– Culturally diverse workforce
– Innovation & Problem-Solving Prizes
– Staff activities, groups and events
– Free Parking available on site
– Under 24s earn the same as over 24s
– Staff Shop
Send us your CV by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link below OR If you don’t have a CV, let us know why you are suitable for this job with an email to email@example.com
Mash Direct is an Equal Opportunities Employer