What your job is all about:
You will be responsible for championing and promoting environmental awareness, best practice and compliance across Mash Direct. This will include the creation and implementation of an Environmental Management System that is externally accredited and designed to continuously improve sustainability and deliver efficiencies in utility consumption across the Company.
Who you are:
You will have a third level qualification (Degree, HND, HNC) in a relevant discipline e.g. environmental sciences, including water/wastewater treatment processes/environmental pollution control and at least 2 years’ experience, which may include a placement year and working at a high volume, high growth manufacturing environment.
And ideally you will also have experience of:
– Management standards (e.g. ISO 14001)
– Environmental permits
You will also be proficient in MS Office 365 applications, using treatment equipment and carrying out tests.
And you will be someone who is comfortable working independently, as part of a team and leading project groups with excellent organisational skills, an eye for detail and a can-do attitude.
Environmental auditing qualifications while not essential would also be advantageous.
What you will be doing:
– Creating, developing and managing an Environmental Management System (EMS)
– Participation in environmental meetings at site level and work in partnership with external agencies, regulators and other staff as required
– Assisting in the development and implementation of relevant environmental standards e.g. energy efficiency projects, pollution prevention, waste controls
– Reducing the energy intensity of the site
– Developing and maintaining environmental databases and reporting systems e.g. complaints, pollution monitoring and ensuring all concerns are thoroughly investigated in timely manner, identifying actions to prevent recurrence
– Devising an internal audit schedule and carrying out internal compliance audits of systems and processes to ensure that the company is meeting all legislative requirements
– Leading the introduction and maintenance of environmental procedures and activities to maximise initially the re-use of water on site as well as control pollution from water discharges including effluent treatment plant operations annd carrying out wastewater treatment process control and optimisation
– Identifying and delivering an environmental training plan for the company
– Carrying out compliance and risk assessments and monitoring to identify potential environmental hazards and appropriate corrective actions
– Overseeing contractors at site, reviewing policies and environmental risk assessments
Competitive Rate of Pay