- Our Family Farm
Make it a Meal
- Featured recipes
- Family Favourites
- Where To Buy
At Mash Direct we are on a mission to make vegetables more convenient and bring them from our fields to the consumers table without compromising on flavour or nutrition.
Our vision is to make Mash Direct a national household brand in the vegetable accompaniments and side dishes category and we are looking for talented and innovative people to help us in this quest.
You will be responsible for championing and promoting environmental awareness, best practice, and compliance across Mash Direct. This will include the creation and implementation of an Environmental Management System that is externally accredited and designed to continuously improve sustainability and deliver efficiencies in utility consumption across the Company.
You will have a third level qualification (Degree, HND, HNC) in a relevant discipline e.g. environmental sciences, including water/wastewater treatment processes/environmental pollution control and at least 2 years experience, which may include a placement year and working at a high volume, high growth manufacturing environment And ideally, you will also have experience of:
· Management standards (such as ISO 14001)
· Environmental permits
You will also be proficient in MS Office 365 applications, using treatment equipment and carrying out tests.
And you will be someone who is comfortable working independently, as part of a team and leading project groups with excellent organisational skills, an eye for detail and a can-do attitude.
Environmental auditing qualifications while not essential would also be advantageous.
· Developing, and managing an Environmental Management System (EMS)
· Participation in environmental meetings at site level and work in partnership with external agencies, regulators and other staff as required.
· Developing and expanding work on the Life Cycle Analysis of the Mash Direct product range from field to fork.
· Assisting in the development and implementation of relevant environmental standards E.g. energy efficiency projects, pollution prevention, waste controls.
· Reducing the energy intensity of the site and negotiating energy contracts.
· Developing and maintaining environmental databases and reporting systems e.g. complaints, pollution monitoring and ensuring all concerns are thoroughly investigated in timely manner, identifying actions to prevent recurrence.
· Devising an internal audit schedule and carrying out internal compliance audits of systems and processes to ensure that the company is meeting all legislative requirements.
· Leading the introduction and maintenance of environmental procedures and activities to maximise initially the re-use of water on site as well as control pollution from water discharges including effluent treatment plant operations and carrying out wastewater treatment process control and optimisation.
· Identifying and creating an environmental training plan for the company.
· Carrying out compliance and risk assessments, monitoring identifying potential environmental hazards and appropriate corrective actions.
· Overseeing contractors at site, reviewing policies and environmental risk assessments.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday
Face masks optional
Newtownards, BT23 5JU: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Project Management: 1 year (preferred)