What your job is all about:
As a Quality Controller, you will play a key role as a tester and gate keeper on the safety and quality of food as it moves through the production process.
What you will be doing:
Your job will be varied and typically based on the production floor and include the following:
– Carrying out a regular programme of audits (e.g. on a daily, weekly, monthly schedule)
– Raising any non-conformances in the quality process from intake to despatch – ensuring that all reasonable precautions are taken to avoid contamination of product or creating non-conformance
– Overseeing the label printing process elements for accuracy of shelf life and traceability
– Carrying out food safety and QC inspections on raw materials at intake & at key product process points
– Carrying out spot checks on weight control to ensure levels are kept within tolerance levels
– Supporting the production team to get things done and recorded correctly and making sure that everyone complies with food safety and quality procedures
– Supporting the New Product Development team in the creation of new products
– Facilitating regulatory (BRC, EHO) & customer visits to the factory
– Complying and adhering with health and safety requirements within the company (PPE)
– Conducting organoleptic testing on the factory floor
– Ensuring food safety and quality records are completed on time and in full
Salary: £10.74 per hour
– Company events
– Company pension
– Discounted or free food
– On-site parking
– Referral programme
– Day shift
We welcome all applications; however you must be able to demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK, as the company is not in a position to offer sponsorship.
Send us your details/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the ‘Apply Now’
We will then be back in touch to confirm next steps. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mash Direct is an equal opportunities employer.