Why join our team:
At Mash Direct we are on a mission to make vegetables more convenient and bring them from our fields to the consumers table without compromising on flavour or nutrition. Our vision is to make Mash Direct a national household brand in the vegetable accompaniments and side dishes category and we are looking for talented and innovative people to help us in this quest.
What your job is all about:
Your job will be about ensuring that innovative ideas are able to hit the shelves as quickly as possible without compromising on taste or quality.
You will be:
– Helping to develop products from concept to launch via a stage and gate process
– Assisting with the development of new ranges whilst ensuring the existing portfolio is performing well, tweaking products to reflect changes in the market, ingredients or costs
– Analysing current market trends and data in line with category insights, identifying gaps in the market and translating findings into business opportunities
– Liaising with Production and Technical teams to ensure our products are manufactured successfully without compromising on safety, quality & legal requirements
– Comply with all health & safety legislation regarding food hygiene and safe working practices
– Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement where standards are raised over time
– Assist with recipe development and idea generation
– Conduct benchmarking and help prepare for product presentations
– Co-ordinate preparation and dispatch of samples to the sales team and customers
– Work closely with production to co-ordinate factory trials and implementation of new processes
– Aid in the transition of NPD samples made in the test kitchen to factory trials through to full production
– Assist with cooking validations, preparing QAS, and product costings
– Prepare product specifications, ensuring all products meet nutritional targets and legislative guidelines
– Maintain and update NPD documentation, record minutes from weekly NPD meeting, and document production trials
– Be involved with packaging trials and oversee shelf life testing of new products
– Liaise with marketing in artwork design and sign-off
– Work with teams across departments to ensure new launches are achieved on time and to the highest standards
Who you are:
– You must have a passion for food and innovation.
– At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
– Hold/working towards a Food Safety & Hygiene qualification (Level 3) or equivalent.
– Degree or HNC/D in a food related discipline
– Previous experience of working with HACCP / within a BRC accredited environment.
– Training accreditation in Food Safety & Hygiene is advantageous.
– You will also be proficient in MS Office 365 applications, be comfortable working independently or as part of a team and able to manage projects with excellent organisational skills, an eye for detail and a can-do attitude.
– Culturally diverse workforce
– Innovation & Problem-Solving Prizes
– Staff activities, groups and events
– Parking available on site
Send us your CV by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link below
Closing Date: Friday 26th March 12 Noon
Mash Direct is an Equal Opportunities Employer