Competitive Hourly Rate
45+ hrs – shift rota for 365/24hr coverage.
Why join our team:
At Mash Direct we are on a mission to make vegetables more convenient and bring them from our fields to the consumers table without compromising on flavour or nutrition.
Our vision is to make Mash Direct a national household brand in the vegetable accompaniments and side dishes category and we’re looking for talented and innovative people to help us in this quest.
What your job is all about:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will follow maintenance plans as well as getting involved in engineering projects, electrical fault finding and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure plant operation 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Who you are:
– Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ qualification
– Experience in FMCG environments preferably food
– Skilled experience fault finding and repair
– Reliable with good time management
– Have creative thinking skills and techniques to engineering/maintenance issues
– Excellent communicator, strong analytical, oral/written communication
– Experience working with CMMS and record keeping
– Be physically fit to perform the role and tasks
– Have ‘hands on’ experience
What you will be doing:
– Liaise with production managers and shift supervisor to determine day to day maintenance and production priorities
– Carrying out planned preventative maintenance across plant equipment, keeping up-to-date maintenance records of all daily activities using current CMMS system
– Playing key role in developing, implementation of a continuous improvement program & culture
– Perform daily in-depth fault finding, Root Cause Analyses, diagnosis and breakdown repairs
– Comply with Company and Government legislation regarding Health & Safety and ensure H&S standards are maintained to highest standards
– Diagnose and repair faults on plant control systems. Investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid loss of plant production.
– Install, modify and commission new plant equipment to high standards.
– Ensure, as part of the engineering/maintenance team, that a safe, clean and tidy working environment is maintained
– Provide specialist technical advice where appropriate
– Carry out the requirements of the planned preventative maintenance program
– Install new machinery and equipment accurately and efficiently, within required timescales
– Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to co-operate and deal tactfully and diplomatically with a variety of people, both internal and external
– Culturally diverse workforce
– Innovation & Problem-Solving Prizes
– Staff activities, groups and events
– Parking available on site
– Under 24s earn the same as over 24s
– Staff Shop
Reference ID: ME27/01/22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £15.00-£18.00 per hour
Send us your details/CV to email@example.com or by clicking the ‘Apply Now’
We will then be back in touch to confirm next steps. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mash Direct is an equal opportunities employer.