Job Title: Hygiene Team Leader
Line Manager: Operations Manager
What your job is all about:
At Mash Direct we pride ourselves on bringing customers healthy and high-quality products that fresh from our family farm. We are now seeking a Hygiene Team Leader to join our growing team at our site in the countryside just outside Comber, Co. Down.
Leading by example and helping you team to perform all jobs in your department to a high standard.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Technical Manager, you’ll lead the implementation of all necessary guidelines to manage the overall hygiene and monitor hygiene standards in compliance with
all the standards of health and safety and food safety in food industry. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility of Hygiene team, providing support and supervision
- Ensure procedures are in place to guarantee that all food safety and legal standards are met
- Acting as the site expert regarding cleaning processes and stock control of hygiene consumable chemical, mentoring staff and promoting a continuous improvement culture across whilst ensuring customer codes of practice are adhered to
- Monitoring and improving standards by ordering, stock controlling and budgeting all hygiene consumable and chemicals
- Managing hygiene audits to monitor and improve performance whilst evaluating according to the BRC standards, investigating potential issues and applying corrective actions to ensure the smooth running of the site
- Liaising with chemical suppliers, periodic chemical dosing check, maintenance of equipment and making sure hygiene projects comply with customer and company standards to guarantee a consistently safe production environment
- Take an active role during customer visits and audits to support the presentation of due diligence information.
- We are looking for a hygiene professional with previous experience of working with high care food manufacturing environment and a proven track record of maintaining the highest of hygiene standards.
- A strong working knowledge of food hygiene and safety including HACCP, Listeria and micro is important along with experience of maintaining hygiene systems and co-ordinating audits.
- Chemical awareness including COSHH
- Due to the reactive nature of this role you’ll also need to have a fair understanding of BRC or customer specific regulatory
- Following and helping others follow Housekeeping, Health, and Safety guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (How we Do Things Around Here & Company Rules)
If this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!