Why join our team:
At Mash Direct we are on a mission to make vegetables more convenient and bring them from our fields to the consumers table without compromising on flavour or nutrition.
Our vision is to make Mash Direct a national household brand in the vegetable accompaniments and side dishes category and we are looking for talented and innovative people to help us in this quest.
What your job is all about:
Continuous improvement and day to day management of a team of multiskilled engineers carrying out project work as well as preventative & routine maintenance to minimise down time.
Who you are:
To excel at Mash Direct it is important to share our ethos, embrace challenges and maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
You will also have a relevant mechanical/electrical engineering qualification and previous experience in a similar role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, working with:
– Steam distribution systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, process control, pumps, drives, values, and instrumentation
– Managing teams & projects
– Meeting health & safety requirements
– Delivering projects within budget
You will also be physically able to do the job, follow standard operating procedures and meet performance requirements.
Eligibility to work in the UK is a must and a good level of English and IT skills would also be required.
What you will be doing:
Your job will be varied and typical activities as part of an engineering team, will include:
– To develop, plan and deliver engineering and innovation projects, manage the resources provided, in order to develop manufacturing capability for current and future business needs
– Develop user requirement specifications (URS) to ensure the clear and common understanding of agreed objectives and standards are established as the basis for project planning
– Proactively manage end-to-end project/change implementation within well-defined timelines and budgets, covering all facets of implementation, ensuring that project objectives are achieved
– Ensure that change control procedures are adhered to and that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and ensure that these are endorsed by stakeholders
– Monitor bought-in services, including external suppliers (technology partners or outsourced providers), to ensure the adherence to Manufacturing Unit standards and the delivery of agreed specifications
– Identify, assess and mitigate risks that could affect the success of the project through a maintenance of a topical risk management plan which ensures that all stakeholders are aware of obstacles to successful delivery
– Provide effective leadership to the project team, and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from the agreed tolerance
– Provide advisory support for Product Development, engaging with the team to ensure engineering involvement from product concept through to launch is achieved
– Liaise with customers on specific projects to ensure alignment of technology, performance, quality and technical standards so that the general manufacturing solution is fully supported
– Seek out engineering solutions for recognised manufacturing unit issues including capacity, efficiency, PD, Health and Safety, Hygiene, Technical, Environmental to ensure continuous improvement in the locations standards of performance
– Ensuring that a safe, clean, and tidy working environment is maintained
– Following health and safety guidelines, site risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work and ensuring quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed.
– Culturally diverse workforce
– Innovation & Problem-Solving Prizes
– Staff activities, groups and events
– Parking available on site
– Under 24s earn the same as over 24s
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR If you don’t have a CV, use the apply now link to complete a general application form.
Mash Direct is an Equal Opportunities Employer