- Our Family Farm
Make it a Meal
- Featured recipes
- Family Favourites
- Where To Buy
PLEASE NOTE – PREVIOUS WAREHOUSE EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL!
At Mash Direct we are on a mission to make vegetables more convenient and bring them from our fields to the consumers table without compromising on flavour or nutrition.
Our vision is to make Mash Direct a national household brand in the vegetable accompaniments and side dishes category and we’re looking for talented and innovative people to help us in this quest.
Leading a fast-paced team environment to ensure that the orders are produced to quality standards and ready on time for despatch with as little waste as possible.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is to manage all aspects of the Despatch and Sleeving process to deliver quality product on time and in full to our customers across the UK and Ireland, while managing the team to deliver measured output expectations.
Direct Report for 2 team Leads and up to 40 staff
· Manage team pro-actively and flexibly to deliver various measured efficiency KPI targets and to change existing systems and processes if required.
· Motivate and manage reports during demanding seasonal peaks, including communicating deadlines, paperwork control and equipment provision
– Monitor and control the labour costs within the despatch operation
– Ensure that Despatch deadlines are achieved
· Liaise with Transport Co-ordinators to ensure truck departure plans are met and communicated
– Ensure all driver cards are completed as per legislation
– Ensure all drivers are compliant
– Ensure all forklifts, pallets trucks are charged and fit for purpose.
– Ensure Production plan is followed, updated, and communicated accordingly. Co-ordinate with production managers to organise peak labour demand requirements for the despatch department
– Responsible for all stock, on and off-site including stock-takes, requesting stock from other sites, monitor deliveries
– Ensure full compliance to all paperwork and labelling requirement.
– Report all shortages of waste, stock overs/shorts to both internal and external customers.
– Ensure the smooth running of the sleeving department and maintain production flow, eliminating downtime, whilst maintaining the high standard of quality
Ensure all quality, technical and manufacturing processes are adhered to, and all deviations are reported to the dept owner.
– Liaise with HR manager to manage attendance and time keeping of all staff and conduct interviews disciplinaries and performance reviews as when required.
– Ensure that all employees and visitors comply with company H & S policies
– Monitor and manage the quality of products despatched to ensure customer satisfaction
– Produce Delivery notes for all products leaving site
– All new staff are trained to despatch/sleeving processes
– Hygiene and cleanliness of the despatch area and areas of the nursery where despatch team are working
· Previous manufacturing experience required or previously working in a fast moving and dynamic environment
· Good organisational skills & the ability to work under pressure
· Experience in managing people and the confidence to direct and discipline as appropriate
· Ability to use MS Excel and Word
· Flexible working hours
· Hands-on approach
· Problem solver
Weekend work will be required.
We welcome all applications; however you must be able to demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK, as the company is not in a position to offer sponsorship.
Your job will be varied, and typical activities will be assisting with the management of:
PEOPLE – Managing capacity for your department and effectively managing all elements of the employment cycle for your teams.?
COMMUNICATION – Ensuring that your department and the management team has the right information at the right time to perform their roles?
QUALITY – Ensuring that your team continuously deliver KPIs and Quality standards.?
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – Identifying and driving an agreed program of continuous improvement for your department.?
HEALTH AND SAFETY – Creating a Safety 1st Culture for your team.?
Warehouse Management People Management Production Management
£12.50 per hour
– Employee Discount
– Free Parking
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
We will then be back in touch to confirm next steps.
Mash Direct is an equal opportunities employer.