Why join our team:
At Mash Direct we are on a mission to make vegetables more convenient and bring them from our fields to the consumers table without compromising on flavour, nutrition or sustainability.
Our vision is to make Mash Direct a national household brand in the vegetable accompaniments and side dishes category and we are looking for talented and innovative people to help us in this quest.
What your job is all about:
The Continuous Improvements Manager supports, coordinates and facilitates implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities. Working closely with departmental teams and all levels of management at Mash Direct, you report directly to the CEO. For this role you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard productivity and simplicity using Kaizen/PDCA methods. Curiosity and the confidence to take calculated risks quickly are core characteristics for Continuous Improvements Managers.
This is an exciting opportunity and the start of a new team.
Who you are:
To excel at Mash Direct it is important to share our ethos, embrace challenges and maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
You will also have:
In addition to having shop-floor affinity and experience in Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics, you are an active networker with:
– Degree level or higher
– Project Portfolio Management experience
– A strong record of team leadership in large-scale, rapid, growth-driven environments
– Very strong analytical capabilities
– The ability to translate operational issues into workable solutions
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
– Fluent English
– Strong experience of Microsoft 365 software
– In-depth knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and its practical usage
– Wide knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
– Demonstrable training and dissemination skills and experience
What you will be doing:
Your job will be varied and typical activities as part of a wider engineering team, will include:
– Create improvement plans
– Manage the Mash Direct improvement plans to focus on the best quality at the lowest cost
– Develop a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking
– Contribute to and facilitate Kaizen activities
– Standardize processes and actively share best practice with the Senior Leadership Team to avoid duplication
– Maintain strong relationships with the Managers and specifically the Engineering Team
– Conduct Root Cause Analysis investigations
Daily Work Schedules
– Actively seeking out improvement opportunities within the workplace and taking ownership of these to improve them directly or through the process owner.
– Ensuring external partners operate to and comply with what is agreed within the contract, and controlling budgeted spend for consultancy and software
– Delivering on team KPIs and improving efficiencies
– Implementing new operating models and ways of working
– Developing solutions and resolving the most complex issues relating to both production and technical.
– Collaborating with the finance team to measure results
– Operational accountability for the Continuous Improvement Programme on site
– Developing and delivering training courses across the site.
– Supporting leaders and employees in adopting new processes and procedures
– Employee relations
– Identify training needs, creating and delivering the training
– Working with Senior Leadership to expand the team if required
– Working with the Procurement Team to ensure the acquisition of appropriate materials and equipment
Health and Safety
– Uphold company rules
– Address concerns
– Team wellbeing
– Take ownership of meetings on Continuous Improvement
– Communicating progress on KPIs to Senior Management – Ensuring timely (monthly), accurate communication to the Senior Leadership Team.
– Responding to enquiries from other teams via Microsoft Teams
Rate of Pay:
Competitive Salary on Offer
– Culturally diverse workforce
– Innovation & Problem-Solving Prizes
– Staff activities, groups and events
– Parking available on site
– Under 24s earn the same as over 24s
– Staff Shop
Send us your CV by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link below OR If you don’t have a CV, let us know why you are suitable for this job with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org