We have compiled a sustainability report to demonstrate the importance that sustainability plays for Mash Direct. There are three key themes to this: farming practices, environment and our people.
We integrate farming practices that maximise productivity whilst minimising adverse environmental impacts. We achieve this by:
- Strategically rotating crops
- Sustainable pest and weed control
- Efficient soil management
- Careful choice of seed varieties
We maintain a prudent use of resources and emphasise the protection of natural ecosystems and processes by:
- Minimising resource consumption
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Conserving biodiversity
- Robust waste management
- Respecting and developing our staff
- Fair and equitable reward, promotion and recruitment.
- Supporting and looking after our staff.
- Maximising health and safety in the workplace.